Household and industrial applications such as food handling and processing equipment, screws, machinery parts, utensils and car headers. It is also used in the architectural field for exterior accents such as water and fire features. It is also a common coil material for vaporizers.
• Stronger than mild steels
• Superior workability and formability to 316L
• Less heat sensitive than 316L
• Less expensive than 316L
• Vulnerable to salt water corrosion
• Mechanical properties slightly lower than 316L