ABS Food made for food use and using innovative FDM technologies in the room at a controlled temperature, meets the need for a material with the highest health certifications and thus able to be used in contact with foodstuff and beverages, for example in the production of household appliances.
All uploads are encrypted end-to-end
- Certified for food contact
- Dishwasher and sterilisation possible
- Good temperature resistance
- Good mechanical strength and ductility
- Resistant to aqueous acids, phosphoric acid and hydrochloric acid
- Only available in 'natural' colour to maintain certification
- May turn yellow over time when exposed to UV and can be damaged
- 3D printing process: FDM
- Tolerance: 0,6mm<100mm; 0,75%>100mm
- Max size: 300 x 300 x 400 mm; 11,8 x 11,8 x 15,8 in
- Lead time: <3 days
ABS Food, in addition to presenting the required and important certifications for the industry, is an excellent choice for the manufacture of components of household appliances or utensils in contact with food, but which also require good mechanical properties.
This specific ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene) has been made to be compatible for all uses in food contact contexts. Like other ABSs, it has a good mix of mechanical properties, including ductility and temperature resistance.
|Tensile breaking load||44 MPa|
|Modulus of elasticity||1450 MPa|
|Elongation at break||6%|
|Flexural modulus||76 MPa|
|HDT 0.45 MPa||83 ºC|
|Izod impact resistance||17 kJ/m²|
At Weerg, we pride ourselves on providing fast, reliable and amazing customer service. We believe that this is what distinguishes great companies from others.
QUOTE IN 3 SECONDS WITHOUT COMMITMENT
Do you want to turn your 3D project into reality?
Upload your 3D file to get one step closer to manufacturing your parts.free instant quote