Nylon 6 with added short carbon fibre combines the excellent properties of the base material, characterised by excellent ductility, resilience and abrasion resistance, with the special features of the filler. The carbon fibre makes the material even more performing both from a mechanical (yield stress 75 MPa) and thermal (150°C HDT) point of view. Nylon 6 is therefore a versatile polymer suitable for a wide range of applications, from conceptual prototypes to definitive components such as racking and line equipment.
• High mechanical properties with 75 MPa yield stress, good ductility and resilience
• Low anisotropic behaviour
• Very good inter-layer bonding and properties also in Z
• Very good thermal properties - HDT 150°C
• Possibility of creating large components due to the dimensional stability of the material and also suitable for creating complex structures due to the soluble supports.
• Moisture absorption